Monday, April 11, 2011

Be A Smart Shopper


Cost at Smiths $9.12
Cost at Walmart $24.74

We are all busy and don't have much time or don't like to shop. Since I started couponing and have accumulated a nice stock pile of items that I got at rock bottom prices, I find myself walking into Walmart trying to think of something I am out of that I need to buy.

I used to buy pretty much everything my family needed at Walmart. Why? because Walmart has the best everyday low prices.  Then I learned that by looking at other stores weekly ads that I could get things cheaper elsewhere. Then if you use a coupon on top of the sale you can really maximize your savings. This is being a smart shopper. The above picture is from my shopping trip to Smith's today. I spent $9.12 for all the cleaners above using coupons and shopping the promo they are having right now. Buy 4 get $4 off select items at register. I compared the same items at Walmart. If I would have bought the same items at Walmart and not used any coupons I would have spent $24.74. That is a huge difference and to me is worth my time. Stocking up when things are on sale prevents me from running out and having to go pay full price for an item. Store sales cycles are 3-4 months. So if you buy enough to last 3-4 months odds are the the item will be on sale again!

No comments:

Post a Comment